Tech Lab’s extensive engineering acoustic facilities include an anechoic chamber, a hemi-anechoic chamber and two reverberation rooms, all fitted with Brüel & Kjær microphones. We offer a range of testing services to measure acoustic performance and optimise the acoustic behaviour of products and materials.
Our facilities can be used to measure
- Transmission loss and sound reduction index of structures
- Transmission loss (Rw) of walls and doors
- Transmission loss (Rw) of windows
- Sound absorption and insulation
- Sound power
- Audio equipment
We test to a range of ISO standards, including ISO 354, ISO 10140 / ISO 717-1 / AS 1191, ISO 3741, ISO 3744 and ISO 389 for audio equipment.
We can advise appropriate standards to test against, or undertake developmental testing that doesn’t adhere to a particular standard.
- Anechoic chamber (usable dimensions): 4.5m x 2.7m x 4.6m
- Hemi-anechoic chamber (useable dimensions): 7.2m x 4.9m x 5.3m
- Reverberation room (sourceroom): volume 147m3, surface area 176m2
- Reverberation room (receivingroom): volume 232m3, surface area 247m2
- Transmission loss test steel aperture: 2.99m high x 3.37m wide
- Dimensions comply with relevant standards
Brüel & Kjær equipment
- Free field and diffuse field microphones with pre-amplifiers
- Pulse software and signal generators
- Pulse multi-channel data acquisition
- Omnidirectional sources
- Impedance Tube
- Head and torso simulator