Transport Research Centre
The UTS Transport Research Centre is a global leader in smart transportation systems, enhancing the design, performance and management of critical transportation infrastructure in modern complex environments.
- Large-scale Transport Process Simulation Triaxial Facility
- To test the feasibility of recycled rubber derivatives on the performance of ballasted rail tracks.
- Hollow Cylinder Equipment
- To simulate the complex stress paths generated in the soil layer when subjected to moving loads.
- True Triaxial Apparatus
- To model the three-dimensional stress state in soil.
- Small-scale cyclic triaxial apparatus
- To study the cyclic behaviour of soils subjected to a wide range of transport loading.
- Transport infrastructure – design, construction and materials
- Data analytics, predictive maintenance and decision support systems
- Traffic optimisation and tactical measures, stability and health monitoring
- Physical modelling, reliability analysis and computational advances
- Transport economics, planning and service engineering