The Acoustics Lab is the most comprehensive engineering acoustics facility in Australia and allows industry partners to test products and assess the acoustic performance of materials or panels. Each laboratory has a fixed array of Brüel & Kjær microphones, with a supporting measurement system that connects to a data acquisition system, facilitating quick and easy testing to standards.
- Anechoic chamber and hemi-anechoic chamber
- Test noise from products or devices.
- Reverberation rooms x 2
- Measure material properties, such as the performance of porous absorbers and panels used in noise control environments.
- Transmission loss suite
- Designed to international standards to enable testing of sound attenuation by panels used in buildings and other construction applications.
- Listening room
- Hearing test room
- Brüel & Kjær measurement systems including a 64-channel microphone array
- Visual and Audio Interaction Service (VAIS)
- Material or product testing to IDS and Australian standards (once NATA accreditation has been obtained).
- Sound absorption of architectural materials to ensure they comply with design or building standards.
- Sound reduction of manufactured material and structures (eg. sound isolation of a building wall).
- Measurement of pure sound under near free-field conditions
- Beamforming and Parametric Array Loudspeakers (PAL)
- Acoustic signal processing
- Hearing testing